JONATHAN J. PAASCH graduated from Western Michigan Cooley Law School cum laude. While attending Western Michigan Cooley Law School, Mr. Paasch served on Law Review where he held the position of Publicity Editor. Prior to and while attending law school, Mr. Paasch served 15 years as a police officer in West Michigan as a patrol officer, school resource officer, hostage negotiator, narcotics detective, special response team operator, and patrol supervisor. Mr. Paasch also served as a training officer in the area of Standardized Field Sobriety Tasks and Preliminary Breath Test operations, giving him a unique perspective and experience in all areas of alcohol related traffic laws. Mr. Paasch also gained experience in the area of personnel management as it pertains to employment issues while serving as a supervisor for the City of Walker Police Department.
Mr. Paasch has experience in the area of criminal law, insurance defense litigation including first and third party auto accident litigation - as well as property and fire loss litigation. Mr. Paasch is a member of the State Bar of Michigan and has been admitted to practice in the United States Federal Courts, Western District of Michigan.
Areas of Practice
- Insurance Defense Litigation-Third Party Auto Accident Litigation
- Property and Fire Loss Litigation
- U.S. Federal Courts
- U.S. District Court Western District of Michigan
- Western Michigan University, Cooley Law School, Lansing, Michigan
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of Michigan, Member
Past Employment Positions
- Police Department, West Michigan, Police Officer
- City of Walker Police Department, Supervisor